Saturday, February 23, 2008

PERSONIFICATION

PERSONIFICATION
Giving human qualities to objects, ideas, or animals.


Examples From Literature:

"Because I could not stop for Death-
He kindly stopped for me-
The Carriage held but just Ourselves-
And Immortality."
"Because I could not stop for Death-" By Emily Dickinson, written in 1862 and published in 1890 in The Poems of Emily Dickinson.

"My world goes black before I feel an angel steal me from the
greedy jaws of death and chance, and pull me in with steady hands
they've given me a second chance, the artist in the ambulance"
"The Artist in the Ambulance" lyrics by Thrice from thier CD The Artist in the Ambulance (2003).

"There's a pain that sleeps inside
it sleeps with just one eye
and awakens the moment that you leave"
"Disappear" lyrics by Hoobastank from their album The Reason (2003).


My Examples:

The wind whispers like a tree in the breeze.

Moonbeams floated down and danced acrossed my skin

No comments: