Saturday, February 23, 2008

HYPERBOLE

HYPERBOLE
An exaggeration of the truth for emphasis or for humor.


Examples From Literature:

"Time is a valuable thing
Watch it fly as the pendulum swings
Watch it count down to the end of the day
The clock ticks life away"
"In The End" lyrics from Linkin Park in their album Hybrid Theory (2000).

"I'm trapped in a world that I can't take.
Where everything's unrealistic and fake
I'm hiding out and planning my escape
I hope I'm not the only one."
"Disappear" lyrics from The Summer Obsession from their CD This is Where You Belong (2006).

"I'd melt the polar icecaps baby
And watch them flood the earth
I'd do anything to show you
What your love is worth"
"I Wanna Hold You" lyrics from McFly from their CD Just My Luck (2006).


My Examples:

I told you a million times to STOP EATING MY CHEEZ-ITS!!!

"I saw this giant bird the other day; it was huge!"
"Dude, it was a plane."

No comments: